I agree that a general discussion on DH in the classroom, broadly under the concept of “DH pedagogy” would be useful. I would propose the following issues for discussion:
- Lesson plans and learning outcomes: incorporating DH in the classroom
- Student projects: ideas for structuring a realistic outcome
- Applications and tools: for both students and instructors
- Assessment: grading more than just content
- Resources: publications and community engagement, beyond just the tools
- The teaching environment: the classroom, the library, the lab
These are just a few basic things to start. I welcome any additions, suggestions, criticisms and comments.